Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Camera

















Jeremy surprised me this weekend with an early birthday present! A Nikon D60 professional camera with an extra lense (it also came with another lense) and lots of other goodies to go with it!! I've always had an interest in doing photography but have never had the tools to really get into it. Now that I have an awesome camera, I'm getting in as much practice as possible. I've been taking pictures all weekend and have hopefully set up a couple of practice sessions with a family and their 3 kids and with another friend of mine. I know a couple of photographers who are already established so I'm hoping I can tag along at some of their shoots and learn from them as well. I've never been so excited and so interested about anything!! I'd love to work my way up to doing professional photography while I am helping raise our kids at home. I'm hoping to get enough sessions and practice under my belt so that I can work up a name for myself and to get a good portfolio going. I absolutely adore doing nature pictures but I would also like to get into portraits, children/babies, families, animals, weddings, parties, and just about everything else. Here are some of the pictures I took this weekend...my first pictures with my new camera!!






No comments: