Monday, September 29, 2008

Baby's Heartbeat

Today, I scanned myself, as I do pretty much everyday, to see how big "the black dot" had gotten over the weekend. But today, I had a pleasant surprise. Not only did the "black dot" grow, but I could see something inside of it. When I looked closer, I saw a flutter. I thought to myself, "Is that the heart??" I thought surely it couldn't be! Surely I can't see it already, especially trans-abdominally. Just to make sure, I put doppler to it and sure enough, it's the baby's heartbeat!!!!! I looked at all angles and it was definitely a little heart fluttering away!!! It made me tear up and it made things very real. I mean, I knew that the baby's heartbeat had already started beating but it's different to think it and to actually see it!! What a blessing!! I've been so obssessed with how sick I've been feeling today and this has helped ease it...a little! ;o)

On another note, we had our first doctor's appointment on Friday, Sept. 26th. When we arrived, we had to sit and talk to the nurse for a while so she could go over a bunch of stuff. When Dr. McLendon walked in, he said "Well, y'all don't waste any time, do you?" Of course, he had the biggest, friendliest smile on his face too! I love my doctor!! We had just gone to see him exactly 1 month earlier for a pre-conception appointment. We both said that I was probably pregnant when we came to see him, but just a few days or so. He was really excited for us and said everything was as it should be. He confirmed our due date of May 17th, 2009. I have an appointment a week from tomorrow for an ultrasound and then another one in 3 weeks for our 1 month follow up. I'll be anxious to see our baby up close and to see the heartbeat up close too!!!

I'm just so excited that I was able to see that precious little heartbeat!! He/She is growing like a weed!!! Yay heartbeat!!!!

No comments: