Tuesday, January 13, 2009

22 Week Update

We've made it to 22 weeks and all is still going well!! Baby Will is still growing and is kicking harder than ever! This week, he should be 11 inches long from head to foot and almost 1lb. My guess is that he's already 1lb and perhaps a little longer than 11 inches.

When I scanned myself yesterday, I think it might have been naptime for him because he wasn't moving around a lot and because I saw him yawn 3 times in about a 2 minute time frame. It was really, really sweet!! I said, "Awwwww!" I've always heard about a Mother's love and how much love I'll have for my baby but I never expected to feel so much love for him already! I know that it will only grow and I couldn't be more excited for that!

His kicking has become a lot harder, or perhaps I'm just feeling it more since he's getting bigger. As I was laying in bed last night watching TV, it felt like Will was using my belly as a punching bag. It was unreal!! He did that for a good 5 minutes. It was really fun to experience! I'm sure as time goes by, it will begin to be not so fun but I'm enjoying it for now.

As excited as I am to have him here, I am enjoying being pregnant. Since my belly is growing more, people are starting to recognize that I'm really pregnant and not just incredibly fat. (Ha!!) Jeremy and I were in a gas station the other day and a lady looked at my belly and then looked at me and smiled real big. I had a friend ask me if it bothers me when people touch my belly and it doesn't. I told her that if someone, even a stranger, can show love for my baby in any way, including touching my belly, then by all means...love away! It might be a little uncomfortable but I see it as a compliment. People love babies and if they can love my little Will before he's even here, then I'm happy!

This weekend, we're hoping to finish up most of the nursery, or as much as we can. I'm ready to get things settle and I'm ready to make my "nest," I guess. It's exciting and I'm really looking forward to getting a lot accomplished this weekend. When we're done, I'll post pictures. For now, know that at 22 weeks, Will is good, he's growing, my belly is growing, and my love for my son is growing even more!! Thank you for loving him as well!!

1 comment:

KA said...

I'm glad everything is looking good with Will. We love him and the next 18 weeks are going to seem like forever to you!!!!!